Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My notetaking, football playin' children.

It is hard to believe that it is currently 71 degrees here in Georgia. I'm soaking it in with my windows open....sweet fresh air! After surviving some sort of stomach virus/attack this weekend, I finally feel 100% and am having a wonderful day. I cannot believe it is September already, where has the summer gone? Olivia and Maxwell are both enjoying school so far and have had no complaints...well, Olivia is a little perturbed with all of the notetaking she has to endure in some of her classes but she'll get use to it come about her junior year of college. I'm sure any day now, she'll suggest to the teacher that all the kids need to get one of those little mini-laptops to type all of their notes on, it would be faster!

I guess football season is around the corner, but honestly, I really haven't been following Auburn much this year. I do believe Chizik is a good coach, but I'm still annoyed with the board that pushed Tuberville out. Of course Tubs is probably sitting on a boat right now fishing in some treetops on Lake Martin while studying his bank statement and laughing at the University.

I do want to try to make it to at least one game this season, if for no other reason than to witness this scene in person again. AU's band started playing Bon Jovi's "Living on a Prayer" a few years ago and the students really get into it...well I'm sure the whole crowd does but as usual most of the noise comes from the students. It's really cool when the band cuts out and you hear THOUSANDS of people singing "ooooh we're half way there, ooooohh livin' on a prayer". Bless their hearts, most of the kids weren't even born or were in diapers when this song came out. Man, I feel old!



I'd be a terrible mommy if I left out my most favorite, mean machine, don't blink or you'll miss him football stud. Here he is in all of his glory. Excuse the lack of eyes.