Tuesday, October 9, 2007

IVF...a long road

The last year and a half has been a long, hard road. Hopefully we are nearing the end of it, or at least the beginning of the end. I started my meds for IVF last week (lots and lots of shots) and we have an estimated egg retrieval and embryo transfer for the week of Oct 22nd. We'll be transferring the 2 best embryos of the bunch and then the long 2 week wait to see if it worked. The Emory Clinic in Atlanta has one of the highest success rates in the South. My doctor has been involved in many, many studies and is quite impressive when it comes to answering my questions...she backs everything up with statistics, and that's exactly what Hudson and I like to hear. If all goes well and we get that long awaited positive pregnancy test, I'll be due July 15th.

I've definitely learned a lot over the last year or so. I'm a lot stronger than I ever gave myself credit for and Hudson is the most supportive and compassionate person I know. God has been with us every step of the way, we've both felt his peace and guidance through all of this. We have no idea what God has in store for us, of course we hope it involves another baby, but if not, we have a wonderful family and thank God everyday for the infinite blessings he's been gracious enough to shower us with. We'd absolutely appreciate any and all prayers, specifically praying for God's will for our family!

No comments: