Monday, February 9, 2009

Cora

While visiting Kelly's blog to check on Harper, I learned of a family that just lost their sweet 10 month old daughter, Cora. Cora was diagnosed with neuroblastoma (a form of cancer) only 2 short weeks ago. This sweet baby is now with Jesus but her parents are in need of prayers, so if you feel lead, please visit their blog and pray for them!

It's hard to believe that two weeks ago their biggest concern with Cora was a simple ear infection. It's a jolting reminder of how quickly things can change; it's a reminder to be thankful for your child's health..even when they are fussy because they are cutting a new tooth or have a stuffy nose and can't nurse well. I learned an important lesson almost 2 1/2 yrs ago, God never promised us a fair and perfect life, there are going to be valleys, but He will always be there with us and He does not waste these painful experiences. There will be blessings that come from this family's pain and from the life of this sweet baby, Cora.


"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

No comments: