Sunday, May 25, 2008

Great Friends

Saturday was a day of pampering for this pregnant lady. The day started with Maxwell's soccer team pool party (sorry, no pics, I forgot my camera). He had a lot of fun sliding and jumping and playing with his friends. Afterwards, around 3p, Hudson very mysteriously got me in the car and then dropped me off at my favorite spot, Zen Massage. I had a wonderful 1 hr pregnancy massage; it was sooo relaxing. When I got home Hudson told me to be ready to go eat at 5:30 and not to ask any questions. So I assumed he had gotten a babysitter and we were going to dinner. Well 5:30 rolls around and the "babysitters" show up. Only they weren't my babysitters, it was a group of my friends that had come to kidnap me for the night! Woohooo, girl's night out! They took me to a restaurant that I had never been to before, The Sundried Tomato. YUMMY!!! They arranged a baby shower as well, little Abigail got some really sweet things. Unfortunately, since this was a surprise, I was completely unprepared and didn't have my camera...I'll upload some pictures as soon as I get some. I will definitely remember my camera for my church shower on June 22nd. :)

It's been such a blessing to me and my family to have made such thoughtful and generous friends since moving here one year ago. I know that God's hand was, without a doubt, in our decision to move to the exact area that we did. Thanks to my friends for my wonderful massage, fabulous dinner and baby gifts, you're all very special to me!

2 comments:

Mer said...

OH Mel! That's so sweet, and F-u-n FUN! CAn't believe you didn't have your cam. Take some pics of your stuff! I've missed you...we'll chat today.

Katie said...

Melissa, this sounds great! What can beat a massage and a girls night out!