Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thankful

I hope this Mother's Day has been wonderful for all the moms out there that read this. I think it's the perfect time to praise God and reflect on the blessings He's showered on us. I look at my life and feel so unworthy, unworthy of the precious children (two here, one in heaven and one on the way) and husband I have and unworthy of God's grace and love. At times I worry that things are too good and I wait for something terrible to happen. God doesn't promise us a perfect and fair life, but He promises to be there for us, to relieve us of our burdens and to hold us up as we struggle through hardships. One and a half years ago, Hudson and I lost our precious baby girl. We then struggled with infertility, through it all, God held us in His grip. We never knew if we would be blessed again with another child, but as I sit here and type and feel Abigail moving in me, I am in awe at how good our God is. Even if He had decided that our family was complete, it is His will that we constantly seek. What a comfort to know that God is in control as long as we continue to give Him that control. Thank you Lord!

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all you heart and lean not on you own understanding: in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

No comments: