Monday, April 7, 2008

The Church of Oprah

A friend of mine emailed me a Youtube clip that is very disturbing to me as a born-again Christian. As we just celebrated the life, crucifixion and resurrection of our Lord and Savior there is a very outspoken and popular talk show host spreading her own beliefs and her own definitions of God. I think most people view Oprah as a Christian and view her beliefs as Christian-based, which makes her recent endorsement of Eckhart Tolle's new book A New Earth- Awakening to Your Life's Purposes all the more scary and sad.



It hurts my heart to see that Jesus' sacrifice on the cross is getting pushed aside for this new New Age movement simply because some in society do not want to believe Jesus is the one and only way to our Father. Instead they spread their message that there are many ways to God - Christianity being only one of them. Oprah preaches that Jesus simply came to earth to show us how to live, PERIOD. Not to start Christianity, He was simply a wise teacher, not a Savior. I agree with the statement at the end of the clip, it's time for Christians to turn off the TV and start to pray.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it pathetic? I used to be one of her biggest fans. About 2 months ago I deleted her from my tivo and have disassociated myself from her. I'm disgusted at her actions and very saddened, because she influences so many women. I even threw away my magazine subscription when it came in the mail. I didn't want to give her any credit or support. Even though I already paid for the subscription I didn't want to catch myself sharing anything I might have learned from her. We should have seen this coming when she publicly supported Obama.